PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
What's in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.ilovetypography.com (“our site”).
Your attention is particularly drawn to clause 13, which limits the extent of our liability to you.
- Who we are and how to contact us
- Who we are. We are I Love Typography Ltd a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 13280578 and our registered office is at C/O Leaman Mattei, 5th Floor 64 North Row, Mayfair, London, England, W1K 7DA.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by writing to us at email@example.com.
- By using our site you accept these terms
- If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
- We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
- There are other terms that may apply to you
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
- If you purchase licences for Products from our site, our Customer Terms and Conditions and the corresponding usage specification and EULA for the Products will apply to the sale.
- We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 28 June 2021.
- We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to the products, to the product licences we sell, our users' needs and our business priorities.
- We may suspend or withdraw our site
- Our site is made available free of charge.
- We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- We may transfer this agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- Creating an Account with us
- In order to use our services to purchase a licence for a font software, you must first open an I Love Typography Account (“Account”). To open an Account, you will be required to provide us with your full name (and if a business customer, the name of the business and if applicable the VAT number) and your email address.
- If you do not provide us with the information in clause 8.1, you will not be permitted to open an Account with us.
- You must ensure that the information provided to us under clause 8.1 is true, accurate, and up to date at all times.
- You will be given a [user ID] and will be asked to create a password for your Account. You must treat your password as confidential and must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you know your user password, you must promptly notify us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and writing “SECURITY” in the subject line.
- You can close your Account at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
- We may disable or close (at our discretion) your Account at any time by giving two weeks’ notice to you or with immediate effect if, in our reasonable opinion, you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms or our Customer Terms and Conditions, or if we receive any complaint about you.
- You must keep your Account details safe
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How you may use material on our site
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- Do not rely on information on this site
- The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to
- Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Customer Terms and Conditions.
- If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site;
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site;
- any defective digital content; or
- the Products sold on our website.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied (other than the Product itself), damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
- We are not liable for any loss or damage caused by the Product(s) sold on our website. To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable to you for any loss or damages arising under or in connection with the Product, which is sold to you on an “as is” basis.
- How we may use your personal information
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- Rules about linking to our site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
- Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
- Our trade mark
"I Love Typography" is a trademark of I Love Typography Ltd; you are not permitted to use it without our approval.